Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Antoine Pitrou <so...@pitrou.net> on 2019/07/04 14:33:04 UTC

Re: Release standards

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 07:25:05 -0700
Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> > I'd be glad to help make a point release in the near future since we
> > uncovered quite a few small issues during this RC, and I think there's
> > more value in getting the software into the hands of users than
> > waiting multiple weeks to address them all.
> >

> Appreciated and needed. I've talked to 20+ companies in the last several
> weeks anxiously awaiting use of this Fight release. If this problem exists
> (still want to see reproduction), this makes the flight release unusable
> for the  use case they wanted to leverage it for.

Well... The fact that the problem isn't reproduced or confirmed as a
Arrow bug (rather than a bug in application code, which is IMHO more
likely given the way Flight authentication works) makes it a bit
difficult to hold the release for it.

Regards

Antoine.

Re: Release standards

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
You don't hold the release for the issue, you hold it for consensus. This
allows other people to come to the same conclusion (or not). That's why
it's called community over code.