Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by ad...@sandglass-software.com on 2013/12/03 22:00:05 UTC

Puzzled about payment capture implementation

I'm trying to get payment capture to work on R13. I'm using OFBiz OOTB
with demo data.

If I configure the demo store to use a payment processor, I can get an
order authorized okay, but I can't capture the payment - because the
amount to capture is always zero.

I spent some time tracing through the payment processing code and I
see the capture amount is calculated in PaymentGatewayServies.java,
around line 1209.

The basic logic is:

1. Get the order grand total.
2. Sum all payments (including authorizations).
3. Subtract the payment sum from the grand total to get the capture amount.

Okay, so I have an order total of $10. The credit card was authorized
for the full order amount - $10. PaymentGatewayServies.java calculates
as so:

1. Order grand total is $10.
2. Total payments is $10.
3. Amount to capture = $10 minus $10.

I can't imagine no one else is having this problem, so I assume I'm
doing something wrong. Any ideas?

-Adrian

Re: Puzzled about payment capture implementation

Posted by ad...@sandglass-software.com.
One more detail: This problem exists only when I try to Quick Ship the
order. If I click the Capture button and do a manual capture, it works
fine.

-Adrian

Quoting adrian.crum@sandglass-software.com: