Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Geoff Thompson <ge...@bearpeak.com> on 2014/07/09 21:42:00 UTC

how to access configuration properties on a remote Hadoop cluster

Hello,

Is there a way to query the Resource Manager for configuration properties from an external client process other than using the web interface?

Our background: We run a YARN application by running a Client on an external machine that may access one of many remote Hadoop clusters. The configuration properties on the Client machine are completely independent of the configuration properties on the remote cluster.

Currently I am getting configuration properties by using HTTP to get <Resource-Manager-WebApp-Address>/conf. However, if possible, I would prefer some form of Hadoop interface. I have looked through YarnClient and YarnClientApplication and I have not discovered anything that enables asking the Resource Manager about properties.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Geoff

Re: how to access configuration properties on a remote Hadoop cluster

Posted by Geoff Thompson <ge...@bearpeak.com>.
Hi  Adam,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Geoff