Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/05 02:59:50 UTC

LOWER

Is it me, or is it weird that builtins like LOWER only work in lowercase?

pairs = FOREACH flat GENERATE lower(from) AS from, lower(to) AS to, date;

2012-02-04 17:57:53,851 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt -
ERROR 1070: Could not resolve lower using imports: [,
org.apache.pig.builtin., org.apache.pig.impl.builtin.]

I don't like.  I have taken a moral oauth to move my Pig to lowercase, and
this is messing it up.

--
Russell Jurney
twitter.com/rjurney

Re: LOWER

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
I think pig UDFs are just classnames (case sensitive, LOWER is all capitals
in built-in). Are you suggesting to add something like function registry to
pig? That would be a good idea. As a workaround (or solution), we have
pigrc and pigbootup to rename functions.

Thanks,
Aniket

--
"...:::Aniket:::... Quetzalco@tl"