Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2009/02/08 15:04:04 UTC

Problem enabling manager for virtual host

Hi,

I can access my tomcat manager with this:

http://localhost/manager/html

now I'd like to have manager enabled too in a virtual host,
sample.dyndns.org, I put a manager.xml under:

/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/conf/Catalina/www.sample.dyndns.org

but I can't start it by:

http://sample.dyndns.org/manager/

it has following errors, any idea what I'm missing here? thanks

INFO: Container
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[www.sample.dyndns.org].[/manager]
has not been started

Feb 8, 2009 5:49:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
resourcesStart
SEVERE: Error starting static Resources
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/webapps/manager/html does not exist or is
not a readable directory

here is my manager.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
        docBase="/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/webapps/manager/html">
</Context>

RE: Problem enabling manager for virtual host

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Thanks, it works!

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.