Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com> on 2014/09/13 03:05:33 UTC

[VOTE] TourDeFlex 1.1 Release Candidate 2

Hi,

This is a  TourDeFlex 1.1 Release Candidate 2. Please see the RELEASE_NOTES and the README.

There have been minimal changes since the last RC.
- Fixed spelling of contributors file
- Minor change to readme, release codes and contributors
- Minor code changes to remove a couple of compile warnings
- Minor changes to 2 Apache examples to get them to work in the explorer

One of the new examples isn't working inside the explorer (see FLEX-34539) this has been added to known issue in the release notes.

As there were minimal changes, I've had votes carry over.

Binding +1 votes:
Mark Kessler
Justin Mclean

Other +1 votes:
Piotr
Chris Martin

If you don't want to have you vote recored as +1 for this release candidate please change your vote to +0.
You can of course also test the RC again and change your vote as many times as you would like.

The release candidate can be found here;
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/TourDeFlex/1.1/rc2/

Before voting please review the section,"What are the ASF requirements on approving a release?", at:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

contributors
Please vote to approve this release:
+1 Approve the release
-1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments to why)

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours or as long as needed.

The vote passes if there is:
- At least 3 +1 votes from the PMC
- More positive votes than negative votes

People who are not in PMC or who are not an committer are also encouraged to test out the release and vote, although their votes will not be binding.

Please put all discussion about this release in the DISCUSSION thread not this VOTE thread.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] TourDeFlex 1.1 Release Candidate 2

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
+1 (binding)
Package
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/TourDeFlex/1.1/rc2/apache-flex-
tour-de-flex-component-explorer-1.1-src.tar.gz
Java 1.7
OS: Mac OS X x86_64 10.8.5
Source kit signatures match: y
Source kit builds: y
README is ok: y
RELEASE_NOTES is ok: y
NOTICE is ok: y
LICENSE is ok: y
No unapproved licenses or archives: y
No unapproved binaries: y

[RESULT][VOTE] TourDeFlex 1.1 Release Candidate 2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

The vote passes with 4 +1 binding votes, 2 +1 votes and no -1 votes.

Binding +1 votes:
Mark Kessler
Justin Mclean
OmPrakash Muppirala
Alex Huri

Other +1 votes:
Piotr
Chris Martin

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1 Binding

Tested the apache-flex-tour-de-flex-component-explorer-1.1-src.zip package
Good signature
MD5 verified
Built successfully (win64)
Most bugs listed in the RELEASE_NOTES are fixed, except for the
VideoDisplay one (FLEX-34478)
Overall things look very good.  Nice work!

Thanks,
Om