Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Askhat Asanaliev <aa...@apache.org> on 2014/05/08 13:53:20 UTC

Grouping related issues in jira

Hello Friends,

I am working on chop project which recently became a part of usergrid.

I have a small organizational question regarding how to create jira issues
correctly. May be there was some guide/readme about this, sorry if missed.

The question is how to group related subtasks of one big task? For example,
Task A consist of tasks A1, A2, A3.

Usually in other projects we (my colleagues and me) create a story A and
tasks A1, A2, etc., and assign a relationship between them (blocks or
blocked by).

But in Apache jira (issues.apache.org/jira) there is no the "task" issue
type. I can see only:
- epic
- story
- bug
- improvement
- wish

Can the grouping be done like this?
Epic A
- story A1
- story A2
- story A3

Or may be there is another way to make it distinct?

Thanks,
Askat

Re: Grouping related issues in jira

Posted by Askhat Asanaliev <aa...@apache.org>.
Thanks Malaka!

Yes, that's exactly the answer I was looking for.

Regards,
Askat

Posted by Malaka Mahanama <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Askat,