Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chris Pepper <pe...@mail.reppep.com> on 2000/12/11 18:12:57 UTC

Re: Ap. Server Doc inaccessible (fwd)

At 9:12 AM -0800 2000/12/11, Joshua Slive wrote:
>Just for the information of the list....
>
>I don't think there is anything we can do about this, other that tell the
>user to fix their browser configuration as Brian has done.  It would be
>nice if Apache could just deliver the english version when no acceptable
>variant is found.

	Fixing the server to fallback to .en seems like a good idea;
another possibility would be to fall back to no language (index.html
instead of index.html.??) if no match is found. This would let the
user choose a fallback other than .en without adding a directive for
this obscure case.

						Chris Pepper

Chris Pepper     | Shooting Gallery Interactive | 212 905-2200
Mac OS X Software: <http://www.mosxsw.com/>
Mac OS X article:  <http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=06227>