Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jürgen Lind <Ju...@iteratec.de> on 2012/06/10 12:21:58 UTC

CheckGroup question

Hi,

I have a little problem in getting a CheckGroup to work... The setup is as follows:
the page has a Form with a CheckGroup that contains a ListView where each list item
adds a Check component - giving me a "bulk select" mechanism. Now, everything works
great if the form is submitted successfully. However, when a required TextField is
omitted, the selected Checks are not maintained (whereas other form fields are
maintained). Am I missing something here?

Cheers,

J.

Re: CheckGroup question

Posted by Jürgen Lind <Ju...@iteratec.de>.
Ok, I'm answering myself here... The problem was obviously, that upon each render
the Check components had new values and so the state was not cleanly maintained. I kind
of solved it by overriding the getValue methode and providing a unique id that remains
the same on each page rendering.

However, I still wonder if that is the way to go or just weird hack which solves the
problem more or less by coincidence.

Any help would be appreciated.

J.