Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> on 2006/06/23 13:05:05 UTC

Enforcing quality metrics [Was svn commit: r416184 - /maven/pom/maven/pom.xml]

i think it's something that while you are working on it is easy to
fix, but if you receive the notification after some time it's more
annoying, opening again the file, fix it, submit again, see if it
fails...

I think it's like test coverage, if you don't have enough you can't
leave the sandbox, and once you leave it you are required to keep the
quality of the work.

I agree that there may be exceptions when it needs to be skipped for a
good reason, but I see that as exceptions more than the rule.

It's like the repository, as there are no policies enforced
automatically, you can deploy and then chase the people, which slows
down the work of other people.

And right now i just added duplication report, thinking that it's a no
no to include duplicated lines. In the future I'd like to add
checkstyle and PMD.

my 2 cents

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Ah, ok. I had a brain explosion.

I kept seeing cpd-check, not cpd ;)

FYI, there are already some reports, and some stricter controls in the
repository-manager. It would be good to push some (the reports?) up to
have them from the maven pom and the individual projects can just
override the necessary settings.

- Brett

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.