Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by David Zhou <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/17 14:50:45 UTC

error building persistent store and broker

Hi all,

I am trying to build the persistent store module r3793 for C++ broker 0.6,
and after make by
# ./configure --with-qpid-checkout=/tmp
(the directories cpp & python & specs under tmp are checkout from HEAD
revision
 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/ )
I got error as following:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1U989td_nAjV4BdCtOl1GjIP_LqQ5j1aQONbmkMc44uo

then I try to build broker from latest trunk because I guess it will work if
broker and store are both build
from HEAD revision, but i met another error when building broker at first:

[configure works fine]
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=18KF4Q58kDeX3Bta1LIhlJMdkjaW0LmmOuZqOnuipojQ

[error when make]
../managementgen/qmf-gen -m ./managementgen.mk -c ./managementgen.cmake -q
-b -o qmf ../../specs/management-schema.xml ./qpid/acl/management-schema.xml
./qpid/cluster/management-schema.xml
: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [managementgen.mk] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/trunk/cpp/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
details:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1URncCNLSZXgbJCWoM6OTn59l7VKodbDjccLM1I3Wv7E

Is there any pre-work I missed so the errors happened?
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: error building persistent store and broker

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/20/2010 01:28 PM, Kim van der Riet wrote:
> [...]
>> modules, checked-out HEAD cpp&  python&  specs modules.
>> Three HEAD modules are used for configure option --with-qpid-checkout
>> since ./configure needs qpidd-devel package or these three modules.
>> (It's CentOS 5.4 I used, and there's no qpidd-devel-0.6 el rpm for
>> CentOS.)
>> then i got error as following:
>> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1U989td_nAjV4BdCtOl1GjIP_LqQ5j1aQONbmkMc44uo&pli=1
>
> This is still a mixed version environment. By using HEAD of
> {cpp,python,specs} and r.3793 of the store, and if you point to the HEAD
> version of with the --with-qpid-checkout, then the build will fail. If
> you build this way, you need to have the 0.6 version of
> {cpp,python,specs} source checked out. In addition, I would not mix the
> installed rpms with newly built ones. Since you have to build the broker
> anyway to build the store, it would be safer to install the built
> version of both rather than using rpms for some and built for others.
>
> I would uninstall all the qpid rpms, then check out either:
>
> 0.6 version cpp/python/spec and r.3793 store. First build
> using ./bootstrap; ./configure; make from the qpid cpp dir, followed
> by ./bootstrap; ./configure --with-qpid-checkout=/path/to/qpid/dir; make
> from the store cpp dir.
>
> or
>
> as above, but HEAD cpp/python/spec and HEAD store revisions.
>
> When the builds are complete, a make install from first the qpid cpp and
> then store cpp dirs will install the libs and files in their correct
> locations.
>
>> (2)
>> Then I uninstall the C++-0.6-broker and try to build them ALL from
>> HEAD revision.
>> So I build broker first but got an error:
>> [configure works fine]
>> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=18KF4Q58kDeX3Bta1LIhlJMdkjaW0LmmOuZqOnuipojQ
>>
>> [error when make]
>> ../managementgen/qmf-gen -m ./managementgen.mk -c ./managementgen.cmake -q
>> -b -o qmf ../../specs/management-schema.xml ./qpid/acl/management-schema.xml
>> ./qpid/cluster/management-schema.xml
>> : No such file or directory
>> make[1]: *** [managementgen.mk] Error 127
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/trunk/cpp/src'
>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> details:
>> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1URncCNLSZXgbJCWoM6OTn59l7VKodbDjccLM1I3Wv7E
>>
>> Is it only cpp directory I should check out to build the HEAD revision
>> of C++ broker?
>> And it's strange that the files are indeed in the checked-out cpp
>> directory but it said no. :(
>
> As above. I think the problem here is that you don't have a complete
> checkout of the qpid dirs. You need the cpp, python and specs dirs; I
> use the following layout when building:
>
> qpid --+-- cpp
>         +-- python
>         +-- specs
>

> and then point to the qpid dir in the --with-qpid-checkout option.

I find I also need to use the --with-qpid-build option, set to point at
my build directory for cpp.

Posted by Kim van der Riet <ki...@redhat.com>.
> [...]

> : No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [managementgen.mk] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/trunk/cpp/src'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> details:
> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1URncCNLSZXgbJCWoM6OTn59l7VKodbDjccLM1I3Wv7E
>
> Is it only cpp directory I should check out to build the HEAD revision
> of C++ broker?
> And it's strange that the files are indeed in the checked-out cpp
> directory but it said no. :(

As above. I think the problem here is that you don't have a complete
checkout of the qpid dirs. You need the cpp, python and specs dirs; I
use the following layout when building:

qpid --+-- cpp
       +-- python
       +-- specs

and then point to the qpid dir in the --with-qpid-checkout option.

Hope that helps,

Kim

Posted by Carton <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kim, thanks for your reply.

directory but it said no. :(

2010/9/17 Kim van der Riet <ki...@redhat.com>:
> On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 05:50 -0700, David Zhou wrote:
>> I am trying to build the persistent store module r3793 for C++ broker
>> 0.6,
>> and after make by
>> # ./configure --with-qpid-checkout=/tmp
>> (the directories cpp & python & specs under tmp are checkout from HEAD
>> revision
>>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/ )
>>
> The most likely cause of the problem is that you are building an older
> version of the store against a new (in fact, the HEAD) revision of Qpid.
> Because QMF generates code that depends on an exact version of qpid
> being present, the store code is in more-or-less locked to a
> corresponding version of Qpid. The store revision you are building was
> tagged for the 0.6 release of Qpid.
>
> You can either:
>
> Build this version of the store against a build of the 0.6 release of
> Qpid, or
>
> You can build the HEAD version of Qpid against the HEAD version of the
> store.

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Sincerely,
David