Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Algarve, Leila" <Le...@tuev-sued.de> on 2001/07/10 17:10:49 UTC

[NEWBIE] Static html pages do not show image files

Hi!!!

I am running Tomcat 4.0b5 standalone in Windows NT 4.0.
I've created a new web-application in $tomcathome$\webapps without creating
a war file (I am at the early stage of development), with one html static
page and one servlet. I can access the html page and the servlet without
problem but I cannot see any image (gif). The html and the images are in the
same directory ($tomcathome$\webapps\MyWebApp), if I open the html file
(without using Tomcat) the images just show fine.

The only thing that I changed in the server.xml was that I added a new
context for my web-application. In the $tomcathome$\webapps\MyWebApp\WEB-INF
directory I have my web.xml:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN"
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
<web-app>
	<display-name>Servlet Applicationt</display-name>
	<description>This the servlet aplication
    </description>
	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>MyServletClass</servlet-class>
	</servlet>
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/MyServlet</url-pattern>