Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2013/07/01 15:22:52 UTC

[release blocker 121968] Debian test results

Hi,

> Hello Oliver,
>
> I did a test in a clean virtualbox under Debian Wheezy 32 bit.
> First I installed AOO 3.4.1 without problems
> Then I installed the developer Snapshot from 2013-06-27 with dpkg -i *.deb.
>
> This doesn't work proper. I get many errors, for example: "openoffice
> kollidiert mit openoffice.org3" and so on
>
> I tried it also with --auto-deconfigure but this doesn't solve all problems.

Thanks Mechtilde for testing.

I observed problems on my VM with Ubuntu 10.04 with upgading OOo 3.2.

Locally, I have made some changes to
/solenv/bin/modules/installer/epmfile.pm and a change to
/sysui/desktop/debian/control. Afterwards, I was able to upgrade OOo
3.2, OOo 3.3 and AOO 3.4.0 on my Ubuntu 10.04 VM
I will make some further tests before I commit my changes into trunk.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: [release blocker 121968] Debian test results

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.

>> Hello Oliver,
>>
>> I did a test in a clean virtualbox under Debian Wheezy 32 bit.
>> First I installed AOO 3.4.1 without problems
>> Then I installed the developer Snapshot from 2013-06-27 with dpkg -i
>> *.deb.
>>
>> This doesn't work proper. I get many errors, for example: "openoffice
>> kollidiert mit openoffice.org3" and so on
>>
>> I tried it also with --auto-deconfigure but this doesn't solve all
>> problems.
>>

> Thanks Mechtilde for testing.
>
> I observed problems on my VM with Ubuntu 10.04 with upgading OOo 3.2.
>
> Locally, I have made some changes to
> /solenv/bin/modules/installer/epmfile.pm and a change to
> /sysui/desktop/debian/control. Afterwards, I was able to upgrade OOo
> 3.2, OOo 3.3 and AOO 3.4.0 on my Ubuntu 10.04 VM
> I will make some further tests before I commit my changes into trunk.

I successfully upgraded an installed AOO 3.4.1 on a Ubuntu 11.10 VM.
Thus, my changes to the debian package creation are on trunk, now.

Best regards, Oliver.