Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/09 08:59:50 UTC

Is Pulsar Dashboard still supported?

Hello,
I see that the build of Pulsar Dashboard is consuming a few resources.

I cannot find the docs of Pulsar Dashboard in the website for version
2.8.0, only for old versions.

Is it still supported ?
Was it replaced by the Pulsar Manager ?

it there is no interest in this component then I propose to drop it for
2.9.0

Enrico

Re: Is Pulsar Dashboard still supported?

Posted by Lan Liang <li...@163.com>.
+1 to drop

Best Regards,
Lan Liang
On 7/9/2021 17:08,Matteo Merli<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 to drop
--
Matteo Merli
<ma...@gmail.com>

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
PR
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/11284

Enrico

Posted by Shivji Kumar Jha <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 to drop.

Regards,
Shiv

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 at 9:17 PM, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all,
> I will send a PR to remove the build for that docker image.
>

> Enrico
>
> Il giorno ven 9 lug 2021 alle ore 12:30 Jinfeng Huang
> <hj...@streamnative.io.invalid> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi Enrico,
> > Thanks for bringing the discussion.
> > Pulsar Dashboard is deprecated. Instead, we recommend that users use
> > Pulsar Manager. You can find the Dashboard info in Pulsar Manager docs
> > <http://pulsar.apache.org/docs/en/administration-pulsar-manager/>, or
> see
> > screenshot below.
> > The change was applied after Pulsar 2.5.0, see PR here
> > <https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/6097>. We don't remove the
> > Dashboard content, it's just removed from the sidebar.
> >
> > If we have the plan to drop the Pulsar Dashboard, we'll consider removing
> > the Pulsar Dashboard docs accordingly.
> >
> > [image: image.png]
> >

> > Best Regards,
> > Jennifer
> >

> > On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 5:07 PM Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> +1 to drop
> >> --
> >> Matteo Merli
> >> <ma...@gmail.com>

> for

Shivji Kumar Jha
http://www.shivjijha.com/
+91 8884075512

Re: Is Pulsar Dashboard still supported?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all,

Posted by Jinfeng Huang <hj...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
Hi Enrico,