Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Dave Grove <dg...@apache.org> on 2020/10/20 21:25:06 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache OpenWhisk (v1.0.0, rc1)

We are probably closing in on something we could build an rc2 from.
The nightly tags have been replaced by fixed tags.

It would be good if someone who was familiar with standalone mode could verify that
running standalone from the 1.0.0 branch works as expected.

There's a question of what, if anything we want to do about a CHANGELOG,md.
If we are including a CHANGELOG.md in that tar.gz file like we do for the other
component releases, someone would need to pull it together by doing some massaging
of the git log from the last 18 months since 0.9.0-incubating.

--dave

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.
I can confirm that standalone openwhisk is working as expected. I tried
several of the runtimes and confirmed the images are pulled correctly. The
API hosts shows all images are tagged.

-r