Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/10/15 06:32:25 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Trivial Update of "PoweredBy" by PrasadPingali

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by PrasadPingali:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

The comment on the change is:
Added IIIT, Hyderabad

    * We are using Hadoop and Nutch to crawl Blog posts and later process them.
    Hadoop is also beginning to be used in our teaching and general research
    activities on natural language processing and machine learning.
+
+  * [http://search.iiit.ac.in/ IIIT, Hyderabad]
+   * We use hadoop for Information Retrieval and Extraction research projects. Also working on map-reduce scheduling research for multi-job environments.
+   * Our cluster sizes vary from 10 to 30 nodes, depending on the jobs. Heterogenous nodes with most being Quad 6600s, 4GB RAM and 1TB disk per node. Also some nodes with dual core and single core configurations.

   * [http://www.imageshack.us/ ImageShack]
    * From [http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/05/20/update-imageshack-ceo-hints-at-his-grander-ambitions/ TechCrunch]: