Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Tong Sun <su...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/04 15:12:21 UTC

Include controller overheads

Hi,

I'm learning to make use of the Include Controller, but found the following
from
https://martijndevrieze.net/2016/02/15/reusable-components-in-jmeter-part-2-include-controller/
the comment section.

The test scripts then use include controllers to call these small external
> .jmx files.
>

> This is where the problem starts. If we run the test with the modules
> copied into the parent test script (so it’s one big .jmx) we can easily get
> to 100-450 users on our single load injector with memory headroom to spare.
> When we use the multiple include controllers and the small .jmx files the
> same test with the same load injector gets to about 50 users and runs out
> of memory on the load injector, runs very slowly and is essentially
> non-performant.

 the comment then UTSL to pinpoint where the problem is --

It appears that the issue is that each individual user/thread on each loop
> is cloning the small .jmx files so if we run 100 users with 3 loops we have
> 300 instances of each module loaded up which I think is causing this memory
> problem. I can’t find much discussion of this online. Is this something you
> have come across?

The comment was posted in 2016, I'm just wondering if the problem has been
noticed by anyone else and/or being addressed.

thanks