Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/25 08:50:27 UTC

RATIS-1502: Move hadoop dependent components to a separated repo

Hi dev,

Apache Hadoop has a huge dependency tree. Since the hadoop-related
components in Ratis are optional, I suggest moving them to a separate repo
so that the dependencies can be avoided by the non-hadoop use cases.

This is also motivated by security vulnerabilities reported by various
other projects.  Ratis is better to minimize its dependencies.

What do you think?

Tsz-Wo

Re: RATIS-1502: Move hadoop dependent components to a separated repo

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Created a new repo
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/ratis-hadoop-projects.git.  Then, I
mirrored the ratis.git to ratis-hadoop-projects.git but the default branch
was incorrect.  Filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22816 for
fixing it.

Tsz-Wo

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.