Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by David Clark <pl...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/22 06:32:36 UTC

Http Builder NG

All,

I've been meaning to announce the next generation of HTTPBuilder for
some time now. I "accidentally" announced it yesterday as part of a
reply to a question, but I did want to "officially" announce it.

http-builder-ng is a modern groovy update to the venerable HTTPBuilder
project. It has a modern Groovy DSL, IDE support for autocompletion (via
@DelegatesTo), supports type safe/static compilation, and many more
features. Some quick links to check out the project:

GitHub Page: https://github.com/dwclark/http-builder-ng

Site Page: https://github.com/dwclark/http-builder-ng

Bintray Page: https://bintray.com/http-builder-ng/dclark/http-builder-ng

I am currently using http-builder-ng in production work. We hope to add
in a couple of additional features and release a 1.0 version after that.
We released a bug fix release today (v 0.10.2).

One warning, http-builder-ng is not backwards compatible with
HTTPBuilder. In order to support the more modern Groovy DSL syntax, fix
some threading issues, and support newer version of Apache Http Client
it was necessary break backwards compatibility.

I hope you find it useful.

Re: Http Builder NG

Posted by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com>.
Good job :)