Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by tn...@raba.com on 2004/02/24 15:50:50 UTC

where to assert multipart requirements for jms transport

This is for axis-1_2alpha, using jms transport intead of
http for an application like the EchoAttachments sample.

I'm looking into how one would patch SimpleJMSWorker to add a
MimeHeaders argument to the Message CTOR at line 122.
By doing this:
    MimeHeaders header =3D new MimeHeaders();
    header.addHeader("Content-Type", "multipart/related");
    msg =3D new Message(in, true, header);
the server will correctly process a call with a
DataHander argument (like the EchoAttachments sample).
I only want to add the MimeHeader with content-type if
the incoming message is multipart.

My question is how the axis developers would prefer to provide
information in an incoming message that I can query in order to
decide to add the MimeHeaders object to the Message CTOR.

Something similar will probably be required to handle return
types that use multipart attachments.

Any thoughts or opinions about how this should be done would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom Nelson