Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ian Kallen <ia...@gamespot.com> on 1998/05/10 02:04:24 UTC

log noise MS-Windows

What's the deal with the warnings in the error_log in the default
configuration of 1.3b6 on NT (I set up the binary in /apache/dist)?

[warn] (2)No such file or directory: select claimed we could write, but in
fact we couldn't.  This is a bug in Windows.

Huh? I didn't see anything in the README.NT about it, so what's up?

--
Ian Kallen						ian@gamespot.com
	Director of Technology and Web Administration

Re: log noise MS-Windows

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
The deal is that Microsoft could never implement any function that they
didn't dream up correctly, so select() is horribly broken on Windows.
This works around it and tells people.  Complain to Microsoft.

Yes, yes, we can get around it by not using select() but that isn't going
to happen for 1.3 and it is lame to have to do so.

It has been changed to be logged at a debug level.