Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Ebersole, Steve" <st...@vignette.com> on 2004/03/03 16:51:44 UTC

Number of rows per page using contrib:Table

I am trying to figure out how to control the number of rows displayed per page when using the standard contrib Table component.  I tried the below in my page def, but it had no effect.  Does this have to be done manually by programmatically building up a ITableModel instance?  Or is there a way to do that declaratively?

    <component id="groupList" type="contrib:Table">
        <binding name="source" expression="groupList" />
        <static-binding name="columns" value="Name:name,Partition:partitionEnum.name,!detail" />
        <static-binding name="tableModel.pagingState.pageSize" value="30" />
        <binding name="row" expression="currentGroup" />
    </component>

Re: Number of rows per page using contrib:Table

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 3, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Ebersole, Steve wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to control the number of rows displayed
> per page when using the standard contrib Table component.  I tried the
> below in my page def, but it had no effect.  Does this have to be done
> manually by programmatically building up a ITableModel instance?  Or
> is there a way to do that declaratively?
>
>     <component id="groupList" type="contrib:Table">
>         <binding name="source" expression="groupList" />
>         <static-binding name="columns"
> value="Name:name,Partition:partitionEnum.name,!detail" />
>         <static-binding name="tableModel.pagingState.pageSize"
> value="30" />
>         <binding name="row" expression="currentGroup" />
>     </component>

this is incorrect syntax for a binding.  only what is listed as
<parameters> for Table.jwc is allowed. informal parameters must be
enabled, so you probably see that attribute in your html somewhere (or
maybe it gets thrown away).

mindbridge just added this, so rebuild from CVS and look at the docs, i
believe it is all in place to support page size now.

Re: Number of rows per page using contrib:Table

Posted by "Kevin C. Dorff" <kd...@kcp.com>.
I brought up this question recently. Unfortunately the answer I was
given was in the java code to...

            Table tv = (Table)getComponent("groupList");
            tv.getTableModel().getPagingState().setPageSize(30);

It SEEMS like what you are doing should work. It seems like they should
(and probably will) add a rowsPerPage property. Until then, I guess you
will have to do it my way.

Kevin