Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Stephane Lecercle <st...@businessobjects.com> on 2003/01/28 09:58:27 UTC

Axis C++ binaries

Hello,

I am investigating on the Axis C++ version. In the release downloadable from
the Apache.org site, there is only a contrib filetree for the Axis C++
version.

Does this version work ? Does anyone know about the delay before this
contrib will be fully included in the Axis release ? Where can I find the
compiled binaries ?

Indeed, I am looking at a C++ version for SOAP, a portable version, so
excluding the MS Soap toolkit usage (Windows, AIX, HP-UX, SunOS, Linux).

Many thanks

Stephane LECERCLE.

Re: Axis C++ binaries

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
Very cool.  Quite frankly I'd love to help out with this but simply don't
have the cycles.  It'll be very cool to get a C++ version together.  A C++
version of WSIF would be cool too ;-)

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

"Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sa...@watson.ibm.com>
01/28/2003 05:59 AM
Please respond to axis-dev

<ax...@xml.apache.org>
cc

bcc

Subject
Re: Axis C++ binaries

The Axis C++ contrib kind of got stuck after the initial contrib.
I am currently forming a team that'll drive the Axis C++ work,
mostly starting from scratch (and using the previous attempt
as a learning exercise) as the current code doesn't mirror the
Axis Java architecture etc.. I'm also hoping to try to envision
how Axis and WSIF should fit together in an ideal world and then
attempt to realize that in the C++ version as we have a great
opportunity to do it now.

If you're interested in participating that'll be fantastic! I've
been setting up an open-source foundation here in Sri Lanka to
get people to participate in open-source projects and we're just
about ready to go .. down to weeks for sure. The first effort will
be to make Axis C++ real.

Once we start actively we will organize some IRC chats etc. to
try to quickly converge on the overall framework/architecture.

Sanjiva.

Re: Axis C++ binaries