Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com> on 2015/10/01 09:59:06 UTC

Re: VR refactoring, concerns and a way out ?

Hi Abhi,

Currently we run BVT tests and whatever doesn’t yet work we create a blocker for. The challenge is to make sure when we fix one thing, we do not unintentionally break something else leading to a new blocker. That’s why we do a lot of testing on the PRs fixing blockers, so we keep things working and reach a point where we can cut a release. It slows things down, but not as much as reintroducing old bugs and starting all over.

We don’t need more administration. The list of blockers in Jira is clear and we know who works on them. It doesn’t matter to me who files them nor of what type they are.

Regards,
Remi