Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard <hl...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/01 21:01:38 UTC

[Tapestry Central] Tapestry 5.2.2

... and the latest version of Tapestry, 5.2.2, is now available. This
is the second beta release for Tapestry 5.2, addressing a few bugs in
5.2.1, and adding a couple of minor non-disruptive improvements ...
read about it in the release notes.
Tapestry 5.2.2 is available for download, or via Maven:
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
<artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId> <version>5.2.2</version>
</dependency>

I expect some minor issues will be addressed in Tapestry 5.2.3. Expect
that in a week or so.

--
Posted By Howard to Tapestry Central at 11/01/2010 01:01:00 PM

Re: [Tapestry Central] Tapestry 5.2.2

Posted by "Juan E. Maya" <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is the link:
http://people.apache.org/~uli/tapestry-site/release-notes-522.html

Posted by Muhammad Mohsen <m....@gmail.com>.
That's great !

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 03:45:21 -0200, Vjeran Marcinko
<vj...@email.t-com.hr> wrote:

> The thing that I worry about is that utility class and its static field
> is used as a way for filter and pages to communicate. I thought if
> filter and pages are in different classloaders, will they see different
> instances of static field and thus ruin communication?

I strongly suggest you to make your utility class a Tapestry-IoC service
instead. This will guarantee that everybody uses the same class instance
even when the service class is reloaded. It's so easy to provide a class
as a Tapestry-IoC service that it's quite hard to argue otherwise.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: [Tapestry Central] Tapestry 5.2.2

Posted by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@email.t-com.hr>.
Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
That's odd, pretty sure I covered that case.

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Vjeran Marcinko <
vjeran.marcinko@email.t-com.hr> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Howard Lewis Ship" <hl...@gmail.com>

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn

Posted by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@email.t-com.hr>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure how you are getting illegal access errors at this point; I'd
need to see your code.

If you package your app classes into a JAR for deployment, then that will
also defeat live class reloading.  On Jetty (but possibly not Tomcat)
deploying as a WAR will defeat live class reloading ... it's just supposed
to be for development, not production.

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Vjeran Marcinko <

Posted by ael <al...@dash.com.ph>.
Why i cannot get the Tapestry 5.2.2 in Netbeans? Any idea?

WARNING: You are running embedded Maven builds, some build may fail due to
incompatibilities with latest Maven release.
         To set Maven instance to use for building, click here.
Scanning for projects...
Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[archetype:generate]
Generating project in Batch mode
[WARN]No archetype repository found. Falling back to central repository
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2).
[WARN]Use -DarchetypeRepository=<your repository> if archetype's repository
is elsewhere.
[ERROR]Mojo (aggregator):
[ERROR]
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-3:generate
[ERROR]FAILED while executing in directory:
[ERROR]    C:\Documents and Settings\alan\My Documents\NetBeansProjects
[ERROR]Reason:
[ERROR]The defined artifact is not an archetype
For more information, run with the -e flag