Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/08 09:36:43 UTC

How to translate Spring JPA into Aries JPA

Hi,

Do we have an example showing what we define like this in spring

<bean id="transactionTemplate"
class="org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate">
<property name="transactionManager">
<bean class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager">
<property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory"/>
</bean>
</property>
</bean>

<bean id="jpaTemplate" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTemplate">
<property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory"/>
</bean>

<bean id="entityManagerFactory"
class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean">
<property name="persistenceUnitName" value="camel"/>
</bean>

but using Aries JPA and Aries Transaction now ?

Regards,

Charles M.
Apache ServiceMix, Camel and Karaf committer

Re: How to translate Spring JPA into Aries JPA

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Timothy,

Many thanks for the reply. I will finalize first my ServiceMix4/Camel
tutorial using openJPA + Spring + Tx and next switching to Aries Tx /
Blueprint and Aries JPA. This should be next week. So I will come back
to create a tutorial or a wiki page explaining that.

Regards,

Charles

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.
If Tim is correct and you are looking for an application managed JPA
example you can take a look at the AriesTrader sample which supports
both Container Managed and Application Managed JPA persistence as well
as straight jdbc persistence.

Specifically you can look at the bundle generated under
samples/ariestrader/modules/ariestrader-persist-jpa-am/
for the application managed bits.

Likewise the container managed portion is under
samples/ariestrader/modules/ariestrader-persist-jpa-cm/
and straight jdbc in
samples/ariestrader/modules/ariestrader-persist-jdbc/

Joe

--
Joe

Re: How to translate Spring JPA into Aries JPA

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Timothy,

I'm at the DevoXX. So maybe we can discuss a little bit tomorrow. We
have a stand (FuseSource).

How can I configure the container-manager JPA as you tell me that I
configure it like Application-Manager JPA ?

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.

Hi,

By adding that line to your blueprint (depending on the level you add it) you will make either:

a) All of the methods on all of the beans in your blueprint
or
b) All of the methods on a single bean in your blueprint

throw an exception if there is no global transaction context when they are called.

Assuming you only ever acess the DAO from within a global transaction this should enforce exactly the behaviour you want. It will also protect your DAO from being used by someone without an over-arching transaction context.

Regards,

Tim

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
How can I achieve that in the DAO layer ?
By adding that line --> <tx:transaction method="*" value="Mandatory" />

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Charles,

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Timothy,