Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> on 2003/05/13 16:45:17 UTC

Additional candidates for merging back into 2.0?

These do not show up in the 2.0 STATUS file as candidates for backport.
Any opinions whether I should get these into the 2.0 STATUS file for votes?

  *) htpasswd: Check the processed file on validity. If a line is not empty
     and not a comment, it must contain at least one colon. Otherwise exit
     with error code 7. [Kris Verbeeck <Kr...@ubizen.com>, Thom May]

*) ap_get_mime_headers_core: allocate space for the trailing null
     when folding is in effect.
     PR 18170 [Peter Mayne <Pe...@SPAM_SUX.ap.spherion.com>]

*) forward port of buffer overflow fixes for htdigest. [Thom May]

*) ssl session caching(shmht) : Fix a SEGV problem with SHMHT session
     caching. PR 17864.
     [Andreas Leimbacher <an...@yahoo.de>, Madhusudan Mathihalli]

*) If mod_mime_magic does not know the content-type, do not attempt to
     guess.  PR 16908.  [Andrew Gapon <ag...@telcordia.com>]

Re: Additional candidates for merging back into 2.0?

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Thom May wrote:

>* Bill Stoddard (bill@wstoddard.com) wrote :
>

>>These do not show up in the 2.0 STATUS file as candidates for backport.
>>Any opinions whether I should get these into the 2.0 STATUS file for votes?
>>

>I'm in favour of adding all of these, FWIW. I can add the htpasswd sanity
>check to STATUS now, if you want (I was just reviewing it).

Go for it.

Bill

Re: Additional candidates for merging back into 2.0?

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.
* Bill Stoddard (bill@wstoddard.com) wrote :
> These do not show up in the 2.0 STATUS file as candidates for backport.
> Any opinions whether I should get these into the 2.0 STATUS file for votes?

I'm in favour of adding all of these, FWIW. I can add the htpasswd sanity
check to STATUS now, if you want (I was just reviewing it).

> *) forward port of buffer overflow fixes for htdigest. [Thom May]

That's in the STATUS file, and has 3 +1s. Just committed the backport.

In this vein, I'm also going to add:
 *) Ensure that ssl-std.conf is generated at configure time, and switch
     to using the expanded config variables to work the same as
     httpd-std.conf PR 19611
     [Thom May]

Cheers
-Thom