Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/29 12:39:13 UTC

NB12.2 - No completion of method references

Hi all,
could anyone confirm if method references are completed in the last NB
release?

   1. Create a simple Java 8+ project with a main class
   2. Type for example the following code:

        Arrays.asList("One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five")
                .stream()
                .filter(s -> s.length() > 3)
                .forEach(System.out::|); // <--invoke completion here

If confirmed I will open a JIRA issue

Regards,
*--*
*Alessandro Falappa*

Re: NB12.2 - No completion of method references

Posted by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias,
  I am running NB on OpenJDK11 freshly installed with no import of previous
settings and with no nbjavac (to test how does it work without it).
I am going to try if installing nbjavac makes any difference.

The IDE log seems clean no relevant exception logged apart from a pair of
suspicious lines:
INFO [null]: Last record repeated 2 more times.
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.
note null instead of logger name

Regards,
*--*
*Alessandro Falappa*