Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at> on 2016/01/28 22:24:12 UTC

Anyone for Apache Commons & Apache Con Core 2016 CFP?!

Hi folks,

anyone out who would volunteer for a presentation at Apache Con Core - I miss a little bit of enthusiasm :-)

We have volunteers/proposals for

* commons-exec
* commons-email
* commons-pool
* commons-dbcp

For the less enthusiastic among us - don’t worry - we have done this before - we assigned two presentation for a 45 slot to avoid boring the audience to death.

In other words

* You could present your favourite Apache Commons project for 20 minutes
* You could participate as speaker which is a completely different experience than being a visitor - I still have my very first speaker badge at home :-)
* You could improve you CV (assuming that it is not already 10 pages long)
* You could give yourself a nice journey to lovely Vancouver

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: Please keep in mind this is not a wildcard to present at ApacheCon - each presentation needs still be accepted but chance are a lot better if we team up :-)

Re: Anyone for Apache Commons & Apache Con Core 2016 CFP?!

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.com>.
Hi Sergio,

the is no “backup just in case” :-)

IMHO we all just apply regularly and send a note to the conference planning team, that there is a bunch of Apache Commons talks which should be scheduled together

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Sergio, Let me know if you are going and want to collaborate on Commons RDF
slides/demo!

(I don't think I am going this year I'm afraid.  )

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Sergio,

> I'll probably be there. I'm not the best person to speak for Commons. But
> just in case you may need a backup.

You could speak about Commons RDF and invite more people to join that
community.

Regards,
Benedikt

Posted by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.com>.