Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Hurley <pa...@paulhurley.co.uk> on 2007/07/02 22:48:43 UTC

Integrate Spamassassin in linux

I realise this is a funny question, but here goes...

I usually run Spamassassin as part of SA Proxy for Win32, a pop3 proxy
on Windows, where it works well, although a bit slow.

I've just moved my laptop to Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 and am very happy.  I'm
still using Thunderbird as I'm happy, but am unsure on how to integrate
Spamassassin into things.  It's just me, although I get mail from
multiple pop accounts on different domains / servers.

Ideally I'd like something similar to SAproxy, just on Linux...

Any ideas ?

Paul.

--
Paul Hurley	http://www.paulhurley.co.uk/
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Re: Integrate Spamassassin in linux

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Paul Hurley wrote:

> I've just moved my laptop to Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 and am very happy.
> I'm still using Thunderbird as I'm happy, but am unsure on how to
> integrate
> Spamassassin into things.  It's just me, although I get mail from
> multiple pop accounts on different domains / servers.
> Ideally I'd like something similar to SAproxy, just on Linux...

Maybe there's an SAproxy for Linux?

Otherwise, a typical one-person setup for multiple POP-accounts might be
fetchmail+postfix, to which you could add spamassassin or amavisd.
That's what I was using for a year or two.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Re: Integrate Spamassassin in linux

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Paul Hurley wrote:
> I realise this is a funny question, but here goes...

Funny "Ha-Ha" or funny "strange"?  :-)

> but am unsure on how to integrate Spamassassin into things.  It's
> just me, although I get mail from multiple pop accounts on different
> domains / servers.

Since you are asking a very general question I will simply suggest
some very general documentation.  Start here:

  http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/StartUsing

  http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

There is a lot of good information on those pages.  After reading them
if it does not make sense then come back here and post another
follow-up note.  Then when things become clear post an update to the
documentation pages there.

HTH,
Bob