Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 13:35:10 UTC

Running both T4 and T5 in same application context

Hi!

I would really like to start using T5 for new modules in my web application.
The problem is that I have a lot of struts and T4 pages that needs to
co-exist with T5-pages under the same application context, I'm already
making struts and T4 cooperate in a slightly messy way. I can't afford the
risk right now of converting all my T4 pages to T5.

Since T5 is a servlet filter, I guess it would be possible to let it operate
side by side with T4 by using different URLs, but I'm guessing I will get in
trouble when it comes to classpath issues and configuration (hivemind) ?

Thanks

Inge

Re: Running both T4 and T5 in same application context

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It's not possible; Tapestry 4 and Tapestry 5 use overlapping package
names and (in all likelihood) overapping class names.  There was a
point where I had to decide on a root package: org.apache.tapestry5 or
org.apache.tapestry ... I chose the latter.  Hopefully, that's the
worst mistake I've made.

I think you'll have to deploy as two different contexts; perhaps you
can use JNDI or JMS to share information between the two?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship