Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by S G <sg...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/07 23:58:12 UTC

Embedded Storm (Cluster)

Hi,

Some open-source tools have an embedded option that makes it very easy to
test.
Example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19806750/what-is-wrong-with-embedding-solr

"The embedded server is recommended when you need a simple solution that is
not distributed. For example when writing small unit and integration tests"

Or
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9286054/is-it-possible-to-start-a-zookeeper-server-instance-in-process-say-for-unit-tes

Does Storm have something like that?
It will be very useful to have junits for topologies by making use of such
an embedded Storm and run them as part of mvn install.

Thanks
SG

Re: Embedded Storm (Cluster)

Posted by S G <sg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Satish. This was what I was looking for.

Re: Embedded Storm (Cluster)

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.