Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net> on 2019/12/08 17:13:47 UTC

NB 11.2 update 1

Hello all,

I got some minor updates for two or three modules through the update center.

Is that supposed to be Update 1?

Because e.g. NETBEANS-3257 is not resolved with that (contrary to what the blog announcement for update 1 stated)

The latest version I see on the update center is 2.0.1 from 2019-11-26

Regards
Thomas

Re: NB 11.2 update 1

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 15:08, Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Does this mean, there _should_ be a newer version then 2.0.1 on the update center?

That's the version I have here, although it should have taken two
rounds of updates in your original installation to get it.  I can no
longer reproduce the issue with that version.

Agree with Geertjan that a new issue and logs might be needed here.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: NB 11.2 update 1

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.
Geertjan Wielenga schrieb am 09.12.2019 um 14:43:
> In the meantime, until we figure this out -- best to open a new issue
> with log files and messages after starting from scratch and
> installing update 1 from scratch -- would be to not use nb-javac at
> all, assuming you're running on a JDK later than JDK 8.

Does this mean, there _should_ be a newer version then 2.0.1 on the update center?

I have been using NetBeans without nb-javac for a while now without any major drawbacks, so I can continue doing so.

Regards
Thomas

Re: NB 11.2 update 1

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
In the meantime, until we figure this out -- best to open a new issue with
log files and messages after starting from scratch and installing update 1
from scratch -- would be to not use nb-javac at all, assuming you're
running on a JDK later than JDK 8.

Gj

Re: NB 11.2 update 1

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.