Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yogesh <yk...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/20 16:54:17 UTC

SSVM Issue - InsufficientServerCapacityException

Hi Team,

I got an alert with below exceptions in logs

com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create a
deployment for VM[SecondaryStorageVms-75-VM]Scope=interface
com.cloud.dc.DataCenter: id=1:2013-08-20 09:16:44,123 WARN
[storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:null)
Exception while trying to start secondary storage vm

Checking in Cloud UI , I found that ssvm s-75-VM is in starting state.

While trying to restart from Cloud Portal, it is failing also I have tried
destroy, and it is getting recreated but remain in starting state. I have
checked for Primary storage it is at 80% usage so it does not seems to be an
issue with storage.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

_____________________

Yogesh Sharma

EMail : yks0000@gmail.com

RE: SSVM Issue - InsufficientServerCapacityException

Posted by Kent Johnson <ke...@utah.edu>.
Yogesh, did you make sure you added your hosts to the Access Control Lists of your primary and secondary storage?

For me I had an NAS using NFS shares and I had to add the IP addresses of my hosts to the ACL's of the shares on my NAS.

Does that make sense? I think your issue is that your SSVM cannot access your storage because it is being denied access.

Best,

Kent Johnson
Graduate Student
Information Systems
University of Utah

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com>.
Hi,
Is this on the latest Master branch?
This patch had fixed it for me (Scrolling up the logs I was seeing VLAN id
problems)

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/53d09c6f1843f04c5f1ab76be9419f5
584302d1e

Thanks,