Posted to user@flink.apache.org by liu ze <li...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/05 06:34:45 UTC

does mapFunction need to implement CheckpointedFunction?

Hi,

I want to update third-party system in the mapFunction ,does mapFunction need to implement CheckpointedFunction?

For example, in the mapFunction I want to update mysql, do I need to implement checkpointfunc,  manage the state myself

stream=env.addSource()

stream.map(

"insert update mysql"

"A checkpointState to be implemented here?"
)

stream.addsink(kafka)

good luck!

Re: does mapFunction need to implement CheckpointedFunction?

Posted by Biao Liu <mm...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I don't get your point. Before answering the question, I guess we
need to make sure what you exactly want.

BTW, have you read the document of checkpointing or state? [1] [2]
Maybe it could help.

1.
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.8/concepts/programming-model.html#checkpoints-for-fault-tolerance
2.