Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Rey Francois <Fr...@capco.com> on 2001/10/02 12:13:17 UTC

Commons BeanUtils with Struts 1.0 (was RE: PropertyUtils.getIndex edProperty() with Obect key as parameter)

Dimitri,

I'm not sure what would be the best way to use the common BeanUtils with
Struts 1.0. I suppose your suggestion will work, but you'll have to change
many java file in order to change the imports. If your project is not going
into production until later, it may be easier to take the struts nightly
build which already uses the commons stuff. By the time you need to get into
production, struts 1.1 may be out. I have no idea when this will be though.

The real issue here is that 1.1 has a large scope, meaning that
unfortunately new and simpler features implemented in the commons beanutils
will not be available until much later. It would be nice to have an
intermediate release that just integrates with the commons stuff (beanutils
+ digester).

Can anybody else here make suggestions - Ted, Craig ?

Fr.