Posted to triplesoup-dev@incubator.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com> on 2007/09/18 18:10:15 UTC

Wrapping up?

Hi All.

I'm writing wearing my mentor hat, with my RDF enthusiast's hat
stuffed under my arm.

I've discussed this with a few folks privately and I think the time
has come to give serious consideration to setting this incubator
project aside.

Getting one of these things to catch fire is always a challenge.
People have done a great job in this case of doing the right things
to collect the tinder, set the spark, shout out to the right parties,
etc.

But, I think, it's clear that we don't have enough people with both
sufficient interest, need, and time to make this take off.

So, my question to folks is:

   Shall we adjourn?

Re: Wrapping up?

Posted by David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>.
Ben Hyde wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm writing wearing my mentor hat, with my RDF enthusiast's hat stuffed
> under my arm.
>
> I've discussed this with a few folks privately and I think the time has
> come to give serious consideration to setting this incubator project aside.
>
> Getting one of these things to catch fire is always a challenge.  People
> have done a great job in this case of doing the right things to collect
> the tinder, set the spark, shout out to the right parties, etc.
>
> But, I think, it's clear that we don't have enough people with both
> sufficient interest, need, and time to make this take off.
>
> So, my question to folks is:
>
>   Shall we adjourn?

I think it may be time. It was a lack of time that killed it for most
folks I suspect :-(

[result] Wrapping up?

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
So, we got a +1 from Ben, David, Stefano, and me (on private@), and
now here. That's it then.

Into the mothballs, triplesoup goes. Let's see if I can figure out
what this means, infrastructurally.

On Sep 18, 2007, at 11:08 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Ben Hyde wrote:
>> Hi All.
>>
>> I'm writing wearing my mentor hat, with my RDF enthusiast's hat
>> stuffed
>> under my arm.
>>
>> I've discussed this with a few folks privately and I think the
>> time has
>> come to give serious consideration to setting this incubator
>> project aside.
>>
>> Getting one of these things to catch fire is always a challenge.
>> People
>> have done a great job in this case of doing the right things to
>> collect
>> the tinder, set the spark, shout out to the right parties, etc.
>>
>> But, I think, it's clear that we don't have enough people with both
>> sufficient interest, need, and time to make this take off.
>>
>> So, my question to folks is:
>>
>>   Shall we adjourn?
>
> +1
>
> --
> Stefano.

cheers,

Leo Simons
--
http://www.leosimons.com/blog/

Re: Wrapping up?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Ben Hyde wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm writing wearing my mentor hat, with my RDF enthusiast's hat stuffed
> under my arm.
>
> I've discussed this with a few folks privately and I think the time has
> come to give serious consideration to setting this incubator project aside.
>
> Getting one of these things to catch fire is always a challenge.  People
> have done a great job in this case of doing the right things to collect
> the tinder, set the spark, shout out to the right parties, etc.
>
> But, I think, it's clear that we don't have enough people with both
> sufficient interest, need, and time to make this take off.
>
> So, my question to folks is:
>
>   Shall we adjourn?

+1

--