Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Josh Katz <Jo...@dodgeandcox.com> on 2021/08/20 22:56:49 UTC

JvmClasspath value in IgniteConfiguration

When using Ignite.Start from a Web client in .NET - What should be the value of the JvmClasspath in the configuration?
It looks like IIS cannot find the JVM so the log stops at 'JVM Started' after trying to resolve the JVM Classpath.
When used in a unit test or executable we are not facing this issue so it seems specific to IIS and JVM.

Thanks,
Josh

Please follow the hyperlink to important disclosures.https://www.dodgeandcox.com/disclosures/email_disclosure_funds.html

Re: JvmClasspath value in IgniteConfiguration

Posted by Alexandr Shapkin <as...@apache.org>.
Hello!

That’s correct, Ignite .NET server/thick client is JVM-dependent and requires *.jar modules to be present in addition to the .NET dependencies. For console and test deployments usually, it’s ok to rely on internal $IGNITE_HOME resolution. By default, Ignite tries to locate it starting from the current application folder (from where your application is running) moving towards the disk root up the folders hierarchy until it managed to find “/libs” folder or throws an error.

But this won’t work with IIS deployment because of a different startup logic thus the most convenient way in this setup is just to set $IGNITE_HOME explicitly. Refer to the following docs for more IIS-related details:
https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/net-specific/net-deployment-options#asp-net-deployment