Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com> on 2003/04/02 00:59:32 UTC

JDBC Repository: What is in the error_message field?

Hi all,

I'm _really_ sorry to post this again. I know I asked this question like
6 months ago, but I can't seem to find it in the archives and I don't
remember.

I'm writing a tool that will be me a way to take a glance at the
spool/spam/deadletter repositories. The message_state on a bunch of the
messages is 'error' and the error_message is set to a number (in this
case, either 13, 14 or 15). Where can I find out what those error codes
mean in english?

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com

RE: JDBC Repository: What is in the error_message field?

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com>.
It took me a while, but I was able to find the original response to my
question in older messages.

Sorry to bug you!
Kenny

RE: JDBC Repository: What is in the error_message field?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
there isn't a list of error numbers, the numbers most likely mean the number of attempts made to deliver the mail.
This isn't a good situation I admit, it should probably say "giving up after x tries" instead of just "x".

d.