Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/30 00:56:11 UTC

T5: Contributing to web.xml and web app context from module

In Grails a plugin has the ability to contribute something into the spring
context, as well as the web.xml and the web application context. This allows
plugins to be very independent in adding needed functionality. For example,
when a plugin is installed into Grails, it can add a number of controllers
that can handle requests (e.g. in the case of acegi, login & logout links,
login & logout pages, etc) and can add content to the application's web.xml
(e.g. to add an extra filters, etc).

Now, it's pretty clear that T5 modules can contribute services, add stuff to
the configuration, etc. I was looking at the tapestry-spring plugin and I
noticed that it still requires some manual configuration (e.g. adding a
spring filter), which makes me think that contributing content to the
web.xml is not possible.

I was wondering, is there a reason not to support something like this in T5?
If something like this could be supported, which part of T5 should be
tweaked to support that ?

Any tips and thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex Kotchnev