Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Santiago Garcia Pimentel <sa...@netcentric.biz> on 2015/07/07 11:40:57 UTC

configuration installer vs jcr installer

Hello,

It seem there are two ways of managing OSGi configurations in Sling. One is using the configuration installer [0] and the other is the jar installer [1]. The first uses .config files, and the other nodes with the sling:OsgiConfig type.

Could you briefly explain me the reason for having two methods? When is one method preferred over the other? Does the configuration installer supports runtime specific configuration like the jcr installer?

Greetings.

[0]  https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/configuration-installer-factory.html <https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/configuration-installer-factory.html>
[1] https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/jcr-installer-provider.html <https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/jcr-installer-provider.html>

Santiago García Pimentel
Senior Software Engineer
Netcentric | netcentric.biz

Re: configuration installer vs jcr installer

Posted by Satya Deep Maheshwari <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Santiago

I guess these are just instances of the 'installer provider' aiding the
'Osgi Installer' central service. You may want to have a look at [1] .
I am not sure which method is to be preferred over the other.

[1] -
http://adapt.to/content/dam/adaptto/production/presentations/2011/2011_adapttosling_launchpad_osgiinstaller.pdf/_jcr_content/renditions/original.media_file.download_attachment.file/2011_adapttosling_launchpad_osgiinstaller.pdf