Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/25 14:36:19 UTC

JDBC Pushdown Question

Hello Calcite devs,
I had a question about pushdowns for JDBC.  Let's say that I'm connecting to an RDBMS that has a non-standard function foo.  Is there a way to effectively force Calcite to push that function down to the RDBMS via SQL hint or something like that?

Thanks!
-- C

Re: JDBC Pushdown Question

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
Calcite doesn’t currently have that capability. The mapping between functions in Calcite and functions in a JDBC back-end is currently all hard-coded in the JDBC adapter.

Julian