Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Massimiliano Ruocco <ru...@idi.ntnu.no> on 2013/04/09 17:10:53 UTC

Execution of Queries in Parallel: geotagged textual documents in Solrvvvv

I have around 100M of textual document geotagged (lat,long). THese
documents are indexed with Solr 1.4. I am testing a retrieval model
(written over Terrier). This model requires frequent execution of
queries ( Bounding-box filter). These queries could be executed in
parallel, one for each specific geographic tile.

I was wondering if exists a solution speeding up the execution of
queries in parallel. My naif idea is Split the index in many parts
according the geographical tiles (how to do that? SolrCloud? Solr Index
Replication? What is the max number of eventual replication?)

Any practical further suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Massimiliano

Re: Execution of Queries in Parallel: geotagged textual documents in Solrvvvv

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I'd move to SolrCloud 4.2.1 to benefit from sharding, replication, and
: the latest Lucene.  How many queries you will then be able to run in
: parallel will depend on their complexity, index size, query
: cachability, index size, latency requirements... But move to the
: latest setup first.

No to mention thta geospatial query support is vastly improved in Solr 4.x
vs what was possible in Solr 1.4.

-Hoss

Re: Execution of Queries in Parallel: geotagged textual documents in Solrvvvv

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'd move to SolrCloud 4.2.1 to benefit from sharding, replication, and
the latest Lucene.  How many queries you will then be able to run in
parallel will depend on their complexity, index size, query
cachability, index size, latency requirements... But move to the
latest setup first.

Otis
--
SOLR Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm/index.html