Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2020/09/11 11:20:58 UTC

Re: How to schedule Flink Batch Job periodically or daily

Hi Sunitha,

dev@ list to bcc)

Flink does not have facilities for scheduling batch jobs, and there are no
plans to add such a feature (this is not in the scope of Flink, there are
already a number of workflow management tools).

Posted by "s_penakalapati@yahoo.com" <s_...@yahoo.com>.
 Hi Arvid,
Thanks a lot.
Will check Airflow and Cron-job options.
Regards,Sunitha.
    On Monday, September 14, 2020, 05:23:43 PM GMT+5:30, Arvid Heise <ar...@ververica.com> wrote:

 Hi Sunitha,
oozie is a valid approach, but I'd recommend to evaluate Airflow first [1]. It's much better maintained and easier to use.

Both tools are more used to compose complex workflows though. If you just need a repeated execution, I'd go with cron jobs. For example, you can completely rely on K8s and use cron jobs [2] there if you run on K8s anyways (which I'd recommend).

[1] https://airflow.apache.org/[2] https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/workloads/controllers/cron-jobs/
On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 1:21 PM Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Sunitha,
(Note: You've emailed both the dev@ and user@ mailing list. Please only use the user@ mailing list for questions on how to use Flink. I'm moving the dev@ list to bcc)

--

Arvid Heise | Senior Java Developer

Follow us @VervericaData

--

Join Flink Forward - The Apache Flink Conference

Ververica GmbH
Managing Directors: Timothy Alexander Steinert, Yip Park Tung Jason, Ji (Toni) Cheng

Re: How to schedule Flink Batch Job periodically or daily

Posted by Arvid Heise <ar...@ververica.com>.
Hi Sunitha,

--

Arvid Heise | Senior Java Developer