Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Connell O'Callaghan <co...@google.com> on 2018/09/11 17:03:06 UTC

JIRA permissions request

Hi dev@,

There are quite a few efforts in flight that have a lot of identified work
that needs a bit of project management to better communicate what is being
worked on and in what order across the community -- Portability framework,
portable runners, and SQL being examples that come to mind. Rafael,
Henning, and I want to work with JIRA's tools to produce (and publish) the
necessary dashboards, reports, and views. We appear to be unable to share
dashboards we create with the entire project due to a lack of permissions.
Can someone explain to us how we can create and then share them? Otherwise,
if it's just a permissions issue, is it possible to be given the necessary
permissions?

Thank you in advance,
- Connell

Re: JIRA permissions request

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.
It would be great to spec out "the necessary dashboards, reports, and
views", get feedback and agreement, and make it better along the way.

AFAIK, requesting this from INFRA should be fine; they can double check
what that specific group "all-developers" entails. That said, any tickets
filed should get an appropriate endorsement from the PMC as soon as they
are filed. If they aren't, most often things get difficult. Happy to
endorse modulo understanding what that group of privileges means.

Posted by Andrew Pilloud <ap...@google.com>.
Hi Connell,