Posted to dev@seatunnel.apache.org by wenjun <we...@apache.org> on 2022/05/07 08:06:19 UTC

[OSPP] Improve E2E testing module of plugins

Hi community,

The Open Source Promotion Plan 2022[1] has launched,  and SeaTunnel
has joined this event. This is a good opportunity to attract
university students to our community, I have prepared a task for this
event.

Project: Improve the E2E testing module of source/sink plugins

data integration framework which consists of source, transform and
sink plugins. There are a lot of plugins in SeaTunnel, and each plugin
has many kinds of parameters, we need to use E2E(End-to-End) testing
in CI/CD to protect the plugin quality. Right now, SeaTunnel has an
E2E module containing some basic test cases to test whether the
SeaTunnel data pipeline can run successfully at Flink and Spark
engines. In this task, we expect our e2e module can cover most of the
connectors testing, including Kafka, MySQL, Elasticsearch, etc.

Output Requirements: Complete e2e testing of existing source and sink plugins.

Technical Requirements: Strong self-learning ability, have used Java,
Flink, Spark, Docker is better.

[1] https://summer-ospp.ac.cn/#/homepage

Best,
Wenjun Ruan