Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tobia <to...@linux.it> on 2007/02/01 12:14:52 UTC

Remote address matcher

Is there a matcher that can be used to match against the remote
(client) ip address, or should I write my own?

Tobia

Re: Remote address matcher

Posted by Tobia <to...@linux.it>.
Tobia wrote:
> Is there a matcher that can be used to match against the remote
> (client) ip address?

I found the answer on my own.  Here it is, for the archives:

    <matcher name="remote-address-regexp"
             src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.modular.CachingRegexpMatcher">
      <input-module name="request">
        <parameter>remoteAddr</parameter>
      </input-module>
    </matcher>

    <match pattern="^192\.168\.3\." type="remote-address-regexp">
    </match>

I'm using it to provide a couple of debug views/pipelines in the
production environment too (you never know...) but block them from
the outside.

I'm not sure what "Caching" in this matcher's name implies; so far it
seems to work as one would expect.

Tobia