Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Siarhei Sintsou <Si...@epam.com.INVALID> on 2022/02/11 18:41:03 UTC

Markdown in doc_md

Hi folks!

I'm trying to use doc_md to make our readme.md files from GitLab a part of DAGs as a documentation. However readme.md files contains some markdown extensions like mermaid. Airflow engine doesn't render sections in such a language. So I'm wondering what are the general thoughts around doc_md its extensions and possible improvements? Which markdown specifications it is currently supporting?

---
SS

Re: Markdown in doc_md

Posted by Alex Begg <al...@gmail.com>.
It looks like the list of extensions of markdown that "doc_md" supports is
only "tables". This is what is hardcoded into the markdown function:

extensions=['tables']

according to "airflow.www.utils.wrapped_markdown":
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/f217becdfc371ea18486886cc3b2f47eeda0f77f/airflow/www/utils.py#L411

To support additional extensions someone would need to add that ability. It
possibly can be done as a configuration setting for Airflow to customize
that list. Someone would need to make that PR. I haven;t played around with
doc_md much but I can look into it.

--
Alex Begg