Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2000/04/03 17:59:13 UTC

RE: I need som help setting up Tomcat 3.1 Beta and Apache 1.3.12 ?

>Hi!
>
>I have a hard time finding info on how to get Apache 1.3.12
>and Tomcat 3.1
>Beta to run classes from my own specified dir.
>I can't find any documentation, all docs are for version 3.0
>or older and
>there seems to be some changes to 3.1 Beta.

Did Tomcat 3.1b and Apache 1.3.12 works well for supplied examples ?

You must have installed on Apache lib dir the mod_jserv from tomcat
Use apxs to recompile mod_jserv :

	cd src/native/apache/jserv
	apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so *.c

Then copy mod_jserv.so to apache lib (ie /usr/lib/apache)
Then add jserv to httpd.conf (I add it just before rewrite module)
In my examples (from my Redhat RPM distro where tomcat reside in
/opt/tomcat)

	LoadModule jserb_module	lib/apache/mod_jserv.so
	AddModule mod_jserv.c

	At the end of httpd.conf add the following

	<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
	APJServLogFile /var/log/httpd/mod_jserv.log
	Include /opt/tomcat/conf/tomcat.conf
	</IfModule>

	The tomcat.conf included in distro works well.

	Now you must try :

	http://myserver:8080/	Basic with tomcat as HTTP SERVER

	Then

	http://myserver/examples/	Apache + JServ -> TOMCAT AJPV12