Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by am am <ak...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/31 20:31:06 UTC

Does flash.keep work in MyFaces?

Hi,

I am starter in JSF2.0 and picked up MyFaces 2.0.3.
Also I am using Tomcat 7 and eclipse (Helios)- added JSF facet.
I have a trivial application trying to use flash via redirection but it seems it
does not work.

Please note that if I switch libraries and use Mojarra implementation instead it
works fine! Am I missing something in MyFaces configuration?

Example as follows:
1) A facelet called Entry.xhtml

<h:form>
          <h:inputText id="fname" value="#{flash.firstName}"required="true"/>
          <h:inputText id="lname" value="#{flash.lastName}"   required="true"/>
/></p>
 </h:form>

and the confirmation.xhtml:
          <h:outputText value="#{flash.keep.firstName}" />
          <h:outputText value="#{flash.keep.lastName}"/>
<h:form>
</h:form>

But when the confirmation page is loaded, the firstName and lastName I submitted
is missing. Why? I am using flash.keep. According to what I read it should
keep the values more than a PRG cycle.
It works if I use Mojarra.

Thank you!

Re: Does flash.keep work in MyFaces?

Posted by am am <ak...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you!

________________________________
I tried out your example and you're right: it does work with Mojarra,
but not with MyFaces.

I created MYFACES-3009 for this one.

Regards,
Jakob